Thursday, November 11, 2010

Conan Caught Trashing His Own Shtick Back in 2002

Conan Caught Trashing His Own Shtick Back in 2002Conan O'Brien came out guns a-blazing in the premiere of his TBS talker 'Conan,' including a hilarious duet playing guitar with Jack White, a stunt he has ironically trashed in the past.

Vulture dug up a 2002 interview Conan did on NBC's 'Last Call with Carson Daly' where the famed late-night host rips the idea of playing guitar with the band on your own show. Apparently he doesn't think it's so lame anymore!

In the interview, Conan specifically referenced the shtick when talking about Alan Thicke, who had a Canadian talk show in the 1980s.
"I was watching the first show, and it was like, 'Ladies and gentleman, here he comes, Alan Thicke' ... and the band's rocking out, and he runs to the band and he picks up a guitar and he starts rocking with the band. I was sitting there and I was 14 and I was like, ' You're an ass,' " Conan said in the 2002 interview. "It's my hobby, and I don't like it when celebrities inflict their hobby [on fans]. It's one of those things I'm very careful not to do."


Click Here For Latest and Hot News


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment